About this course
The latest version of CPGs have undergone an extensive development programme and include significant changes aimed at enhancing pre-hospital emergency care in Ireland. A number of CPGs and/or elements of CPGs have been designated as ‘non-core’, replacing the previous process of CPG exemptions. This recognises that not all Licenced CPG Providers need to implement every CPG. Further information is provided in the policy ‘PHECC CPG Categorisation and Implementation Guidance’.
The 2021 Edition of the CPGs take precedent over older versions.
The 2021 Edition CPGs may be implemented provided:
- The Practitioner is in good standing on the PHECC practitioner’s Register – Credentialed.
- The Responder maintains current certification as outlined in PHECC Education & Training Standards.
- The Practitioner/Responder is acting on behalf of an organisation (paid or voluntary) that is approved by PHECC to implement the CPGs – Licensed.
- The Practitioner/Responder is authorised by the organisation on whose behalf he/she is acting to implement the specific CPG – Privileged.
- The Practitioner/Responder has received training on, and is competent in, the skills and medications specified in the CPG being utilised.
The Council Policy for implementation time frames of Clinical Practice Guidelines require that within 18 months of release of new CPGs that they are implemented fully
This programme is delivered in a blended learning format. It will consist of an online self directed set of modules which the practitioner completes on our virtual learning platform and a face to face contact day covering practical skills with assessment. Note practitioners must complete the online modules prior to attending the face to face session.
- Qualified EMT listed on the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council Register.
- Certification in CFR (CFR Advanced).
- This course is delivered in English as such an acceptable level of English to assimilate and relay the information in the course is required. For further information see our English Language policy
- Competent in IT is a requirement as the course will involve blended learning and IT systems use.
The programme will cover the following modules
- Introduction to 2021 CPG’s
- Overview of CPG Changes
- New & Deleted CPG’s
- Pharmacology New and Changes
- Tracheostomy Care
- Pregnancy Related Emergencies
- Haemorrhage Control & Triage
- Misc CPG’s
Upon successful completion of this programme, practitioners will be award a certificate of completion for 2021 CPG Training at EMT Level
Students will undertake formative and summative assessment on this programme.
The assessment will consist of:
- Practical Skills Assessments
Learners are required to successfully complete all areas of assessment to be awarded certification.
- Access to DX2 Virtual Learning Platform for the duration of the programme
- Face to Face contact session with the latest equipment and experienced faculty
- Option for additional tutorials
- Certification approved by PHECC for 2021 CPG Training
Practitioners are required to pay course fees prior to access to online materials. Course fees can be paid by EFT, Cash or Revolut
Practitioners should allow sufficient time to complete the online modules prior to attending face to face training, students who have not successfully completed the online modules will be permitted to attend face to face sessions. No exceptions will be made.
EMT Training Standards & Clinical Practice Guidelines
Our Emergency Medical Technician Faculty Members
Dan Davern MSc BSc GDip NQEMT AP
Managing Director & Tutor
Dan is Managing Director here at DX2. While his main responsibility is the oversight of our organisation he is also dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients, the delivery of our training programmes and business development. Dan currently holds a BSc in Analytical Science, Msc in Fire & Explosive Engineering, Dip in Continuing Education and Training, Dip in sports Psychology, Dip in Emergency Medical Technology, GDip in Emergency medical science giving him Advanced Paramedic status on the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council Register, Msc in Emergency medical science from UCD and numerous other qualifications which can be seen on his Linkedin profile. Dan is also an emergency medical educator at The Graduate Entry Medical School at University of Limerick and holds a PHECC educational award at Tutor Level.
Terry Dore MSc BSc GDip NQEMT AP
Programme Director & PHECC Facilitator
Terry has been on faculty with DX2 since 2010, he currently holds a Dip in Emergency Medical Technology from Royal College of Surgeons, a GDip in Emergency Medical Science from UCD giving him Advanced Paramedic status here in Ireland, a BSc in Paramedics studies from University of Limerick, an MSc in Emergency Medical Science form UCD and is currently studying a graduate diploma in emergency medical education at RCSI. Terry is a multi disciplined PHECC Facilitator delivering multiple courses across our suite and specialises in the delivery of practitioner education programmes. Terry is also an emergency medical educator at The Graduate Entry Medical School at University of Limerick and course director for our NQEMT programme through DX2 Institute of Pre-Hospital Education.
Derek Fox MSc GDip NQEMT AP
Derek has been a faculty member with DX2 since 2012, he currently holds a Dip in Emergency Medical Technology from Northeastern University in the USA, a GDip in Emergency Medical Science from UCD giving him Advanced Paramedic status here in Ireland and an Msc in Emergency Medical Science. Derek is a multi disciplined instructor delivering multiple courses across our suite and specialises in the delivery of Paediatric Education for Pre-Hospital professionals and our Emergency First Response course. Derek is currently a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council Examiner and facilitator.
Dermot Murray GDip Dip NQEMT AP
Peter Thorpe MSc BSc NQEMT AP MCPara
Course Director Cork & Tutor
Rory Prevet GDip Dip NQEMT AP
Liam Rooney BSc GDip NQEMT AP
Robbie Day GDip Dip NQEMT AP
What Our Students Say
Michelle Colclough – Qualified EMTAbsolutely top class educators. The course content is second to none. Learning from the best while having a laugh!! Well worth going with Dx2 for any course!!
Aaron Sheridan – Qualified EMTFantastic training facility with expert educators who have real life experience and fantastic training skills. I would highly recommend DX2.